Monday, July 6, 2009

AQB1 - for Jessica

our blocks will be stitched around this center medalion.here is my block for Jessica at J.M.B. - each of the four sections were made separately. it was supposed to fan out a bit more and not be so even but i kept cutting my pieces of equal size. black sashing makes this design more striking. but i did not want to cut it down. instructions memorized until i got home. that's right i did not buy that book either. this time browsing at JoAnn's. but you'll be proud of me. or not. for next month's block i found inspiration on a new-to-me-blog and purchased a new notion. the way it is is the way i was making it. but before i sewed the center seam together i realized that it could also come together like this.

3 comments:

Rumi said...

very cool Karen!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Ditto what Rumi said...cool.

Shari said...

This is a very interesting block! Eye-catching - and is that pea fabric I see? Just love it...