Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My First Jelly Roll

well. that's not the whole truth. long ago my sister and i used to make those jam jelly rolls. they were so delicious. and a bit messy. and i won't bake cookies without my insulated jelly roll pan. but my very first fabric jelly roll is on its way to me as we speak. that's right. i won the flower table runner contest. yippee. take a peek here to see the other runners that were made.

hey sis. let's not sew on Friday. i feel like making a sweet jelly roll. just kidding. we really have to sew. but if you find the recipe and put all the ingredients on the counter. pretty please. i promise to get it in the oven before you get back from your appointment.

if she takes the bait maybe i'll show you what we're working on...

3 comments:

Shari said...

Congratulations Karen! That is a lovely table runner. Fabrics are just so charming... pity they stop making favourites!

Have fun on Friday!!

Corrie said...

Wow! Congrats! Hey, I have lots of jelly rolls for you :-). Tablerunner is perfect.

Rumi said...

Will your sweet jelly roll have yummy lemon filling? If so, I'm comin' over!

Congrats on your win!