Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Garden Steps Quilt Along : block 1.

hmmm. there are some awfully good quilt alongs started and starting soon. very hard to not do them all. very hard. so. well. gonna do this one. i have chosen just 2 prints from the Good Fortune collection. there are a few more rounds on this block. extra stitching is planned for some solid strips. which i haven't included. so my plan. should it work. is to add white strips here and there to include the extra stitching. above block is 10-1/2 in. when finished 16-1/2 in. for more details see here for this block. see here for Flickr group. or see Clara and Jennie on their Clover & Violet blog.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Cute block, LOVE the fabric!!

Josie McRazie said...

I think I am going to try this! I have NEVER done any embroidery and Love the combination of the two!!

Houseelf said...

Exquisite stitchery! I hope to be able to sew soon. I do reply to your comments but they are bouncing back. I think our computers are playing "silly idiots" again.